Why a war with Iran can't possibly be good

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why a war with Iran can't possibly be good

Post  OptimusGonzo on Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:55 pm

I have more reasoning than this, and While SDbolts may convince you that we must not fight Iran becauase they they will kill us all, personally, we cannot fight them because no one would win a scenario like this. Take a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFnWJwRNRJg#H7oGqGNnAF8

It matters not how many die, Scorched Earth is a Hell of Biblical proportions.
avatar
OptimusGonzo

Posts : 465
Join date : 2007-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why a war with Iran can't possibly be good

Post  backtothegrave on Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:01 am

yeah.... and leaving alone the radiations and their possible consequences, who knows what will happen on the political field? usa with an attack (nuclear or conventional) on iran would show that no one should develop nuclear unless permitted by the usa, thus reducing the possibility that other countries will develop nuclear weapons in the near future.
but IMHO the result would be completely different: that no country is safe from american arbitrium unless it develops as soon and secretly as possible nuclear weapons: usa didn't attack north corea because it had nuclear bombs, but could attack iran because it hasn't them yet.
iran should be deterred from developing mass distruction weapons by diplomatical way, maybe leaving it build nucear reactors under UN control (as was proposed by russia if i'm right),and of course for civilian purpose only.
avatar
backtothegrave

Posts : 174
Join date : 2007-09-26
Location : Forlė - Italy

View user profile http://it.youtube.com/profile?user=backtothegrave

Back to top Go down

Re: Why a war with Iran can't possibly be good

Post  OptimusGonzo on Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:36 pm

I can't say I favor any US permitting Nuclear Club, but I can say that the US built nuclear weapons as a deterrant for war, just as Russia built the Tsar Bomb, and neither nation has used them in anger since WWII. the problem with nations and nuclear weapons is that any nation in the modern world of information and technology sharing can easily build nuclear weapons as soon as they become politically motivated. And if everybody becomes politically motivated, the chances of a metaphorical scenario where a shouting contest turns to fistfights are much more unlikely and the scenario of shouting contests turning to someone pulling out a gun....while the reasoning is the same, the final result is a couple hundred times more lethal.

Its just like they said in Medieval times, the souls of Cobblers and Princes are cast in the same mold, the same reason that causes a fight between neighbors causes a war between kingdoms, and As Christ said, If you are faithful in small matters You're faithful in large ones. Nothing could be closer to the truth, evident in the modern world.
avatar
OptimusGonzo

Posts : 465
Join date : 2007-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why a war with Iran can't possibly be good

Post  backtothegrave on Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:11 am

OptimusGonzo wrote:I can't say I favor any US permitting Nuclear Club, but I can say that the US built nuclear weapons as a deterrant for war, just as Russia built the Tsar Bomb, and neither nation has used them in anger since WWII. the problem with nations and nuclear weapons is that any nation in the modern world of information and technology sharing can easily build nuclear weapons as soon as they become politically motivated. And if everybody becomes politically motivated, the chances of a metaphorical scenario where a shouting contest turns to fistfights are much more unlikely and the scenario of shouting contests turning to someone pulling out a gun....while the reasoning is the same, the final result is a couple hundred times more lethal.

Its just like they said in Medieval times, the souls of Cobblers and Princes are cast in the same mold, the same reason that causes a fight between neighbors causes a war between kingdoms, and As Christ said, If you are faithful in small matters You're faithful in large ones. Nothing could be closer to the truth, evident in the modern world.

you've lost me....
anyway, (yes i'm still trying to understand your point, but i feel like i'll agreed at last) if iran should try to attack israel, he'll be erased from mother earth in a few minutes. that's why i don't think they're just boasting, and won't be a real menace even if they build the a-bomb (don't forget that pobably israel has h-bombs so...)
on the other hand ahmadinejad is a fanatic and maybe is thinking of sacrificing his own people for the sake of destroying israel. that would be bad... but ahmadinejad is ruling thanks to his strong position against the western menace, if this "menace" turns out to be inconsistent he'll probably be kicked by the iran's elite.
avatar
backtothegrave

Posts : 174
Join date : 2007-09-26
Location : Forlė - Italy

View user profile http://it.youtube.com/profile?user=backtothegrave

Back to top Go down

Re: Why a war with Iran can't possibly be good

Post  backtothegrave on Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:17 am

well at last, i think that a war against iran would be the worst thing, at least because it will make them think taht they REALLY need nuclear weapons to prevent other future invasions.
and a lot of country will think likewise (maybe cuba, venezuela, indonesia... they're all possible future targets, and all capable to start a nuclear program).
also north corea could restart his nuclear program if it feels not enough reassured by american behaviour.
avatar
backtothegrave

Posts : 174
Join date : 2007-09-26
Location : Forlė - Italy

View user profile http://it.youtube.com/profile?user=backtothegrave

Back to top Go down

Re: Why a war with Iran can't possibly be good

Post  OptimusGonzo on Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:13 pm

backtothegrave wrote:well at last, i think that a war against iran would be the worst thing, at least because it will make them think taht they REALLY need nuclear weapons to prevent other future invasions.
and a lot of country will think likewise (maybe cuba, venezuela, indonesia... they're all possible future targets, and all capable to start a nuclear program).
also north corea could restart his nuclear program if it feels not enough reassured by american behaviour.

Ok. 2 things. First of all, Israel for certain has Nukes. no matter what source you go to that denies it, if they don't have nukes, then they have other WMDs. The united states government has wanted it this way, so that incase Israel is attacked it can't be completely annhiliated without a fight. It won't go over so well if Iran has any nukes though, because Israel wouldn't have time to retaliate or even survive the first wave, its so small.

And secondly, North Korea said its dismantiling its Nuclear Program just this past week. whatever they intended to accomplish out of it, they have done and hopefully no nukes got in the wrong hands, although I am almost certain they have. I wonder, will the terrorists feel justified if they nuke us? will they feel like they have met their goal? will they feel like we will submit to their wills? Or will they feel like Murderers who have just committed Nuclear Holocaust? There are weapons today that make Nagasaki's Fat Boy look like a Pebble in the middle of the grand canyon.
avatar
OptimusGonzo

Posts : 465
Join date : 2007-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why a war with Iran can't possibly be good

Post  SDBolts on Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:40 pm

Israel touches any Arab country or brother Iran, and they will be massacred. See my sig for the future of Israel!
avatar
SDBolts

Posts : 423
Join date : 2007-09-29
Location : United States in America's Finest City!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why a war with Iran can't possibly be good

Post  backtothegrave on Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:14 am

OptimusGonzo wrote:
backtothegrave wrote:well at last, i think that a war against iran would be the worst thing, at least because it will make them think taht they REALLY need nuclear weapons to prevent other future invasions.
and a lot of country will think likewise (maybe cuba, venezuela, indonesia... they're all possible future targets, and all capable to start a nuclear program).
also north corea could restart his nuclear program if it feels not enough reassured by american behaviour.

Ok. 2 things. First of all, Israel for certain has Nukes. no matter what source you go to that denies it, if they don't have nukes, then they have other WMDs. The united states government has wanted it this way, so that incase Israel is attacked it can't be completely annhiliated without a fight. It won't go over so well if Iran has any nukes though, because Israel wouldn't have time to retaliate or even survive the first wave, its so small.

And secondly, North Korea said its dismantiling its Nuclear Program just this past week. whatever they intended to accomplish out of it, they have done and hopefully no nukes got in the wrong hands, although I am almost certain they have. I wonder, will the terrorists feel justified if they nuke us? will they feel like they have met their goal? will they feel like we will submit to their wills? Or will they feel like Murderers who have just committed Nuclear Holocaust? There are weapons today that make Nagasaki's Fat Boy look like a Pebble in the middle of the grand canyon.

the only thing i know is that if someone (be a terrorist group or a country) tries to nuke someone else, he will be nuked back in a few hours. if iran nukes israel (and even if isreael is small, it will need several nukes to paralize it, and iran won't have many so easily, after all at the beginning of its nuckear program it took a year to usa to build two nukes and for several years they couldn't produce any due to lack of resources) israel will nuke it in a far heavier way. and if israel cannot, usa will do.
up to now, noone can throw a nuke and pay no consequences, be those consequences embargos, retaliations or breaking of alliances. if usa nukes iran, nato will break down
avatar
backtothegrave

Posts : 174
Join date : 2007-09-26
Location : Forlė - Italy

View user profile http://it.youtube.com/profile?user=backtothegrave

Back to top Go down

Scenario of what a war with Iran could be like.

Post  Unicornknight1 on Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:25 pm

http://antiwar.com/orig/giraldi.php?articleid=11666

Pretty damn scary, don't you think? Shocked
avatar
Unicornknight1

Posts : 3
Join date : 2007-12-02
Age : 53
Location : Central Illinois,USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why a war with Iran can't possibly be good

Post  backtothegrave on Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:33 am

Unicornknight1 wrote:http://antiwar.com/orig/giraldi.php?articleid=11666

Pretty damn scary, don't you think? Shocked

yes, quite scary. the fact is that in that text everything is unlikely, but nothing impossible. if everything goes the worst way, then that text is right and ww3 will start that way.
a crisis between india and pakistan is more likely to cause a world war than a crisis between usa and russia, at least at this moment.
also china will be a big menace to peace in the next future.
avatar
backtothegrave

Posts : 174
Join date : 2007-09-26
Location : Forlė - Italy

View user profile http://it.youtube.com/profile?user=backtothegrave

Back to top Go down

Re: Why a war with Iran can't possibly be good

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum