Steel Panthers World at War

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Steel Panthers World at War

Post  OptimusGonzo on Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:11 pm

Want a WWII game that's completely based on tactics and unit strengths? look no further! I've been playing this game for years, and its always fun. It reminds me of Solitare in its simplicity of use, and yet its like Mass effect or WoW in its in depth gameplay. If anyone decides to play it, I can give you a few pointers.

For Starters, the game is a 2D, Hexagonal Turn Based Strategy game. It features nearly every Armored Fighting Vehicle, Artillery Piece and type of infantry and their associated weapons from almost every faction that fought in WWII. An example of its in depth qualaties being that the Russians have tanks ranging from the KV series (How many games do YOU know of where russians get KV tanks) through nearly all T34 Variants to the end of the war and the IS-2, and thats just a few of the tanks, not to mention Tank Destroyers, Mobile artillery, Rockets AT weapons, the list is so long I can't possibly hope to include everything. Combat takes place in every place you can find it in WWII, and includes aircraft and Naval assets but is almost completely exclusive to land battles where these are counted as support units. I'm not saying You'll like it, all I'm saying is IT'S EXTREMELY TACTICAL!

http://www.steelpanthersonline.com/main.asp

click downloads to see the various download mirrors for the game
OptimusGonzo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Steel Panthers World at War

Post  backtothegrave on Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:57 am

and thanks to the editor you can make your own units if they are not present in the game....
great game! i've played it a lot, but now i cannot install it because i don't have enough place on the hd.... Sad
backtothegrave

View user profile http://it.youtube.com/profile?user=backtothegrave

Back to top Go down

Post  OptimusGonzo on Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:03 pm

backtothegrave wrote:and thanks to the editor you can make your own units if they are not present in the game....
great game! i've played it a lot, but now i cannot install it because i don't have enough place on the hd.... Sad

aw HD's aren't that expensive lol! and I didn't play around with the editor much...
OptimusGonzo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  backtothegrave on Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:56 am

i remember editing was quite simple, i added a few things, mostly airplanes and a few tanks from early 50s
and well, hd are expensive, atleast here in italy. (120€ for a hd, 400€ for a whole notebook... doesn't make much sense...)
backtothegrave

Back to top Go down

Post  OptimusGonzo on Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:37 am

huh strange. I can get a 400 gb hardrive with 5 year warranty from seagate for less than $100 off of newegg.com, and we all know how the dollar's been going down.
OptimusGonzo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  backtothegrave on Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:18 am

that's speculation... the euro is getting stronger, though prices are increasing because sellers try to grab higher profits. government should avoid all this, but is doing nothing. the old rightish government did nothing (well no wonder about that...), but also the present leftish government is doing nothing, and that's not what they're supposed to do!! Mad
backtothegrave

Back to top Go down

Post  OptimusGonzo on Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:19 am

but still, a few months ago when all those french bank denied money to us, man that really put the US economy in its place. it might be speculation on the long term, but its not over here. the situation is looking more dire day by day.
OptimusGonzo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  backtothegrave on Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:41 am

the same everywhere.
we're aboard the same ship, if someone drowns we'll all drown together.

here in italy we have no job, higher prices (even if the value of the euro is growing, so all too bad!), same salaries.
in other european countries things are definitely better, at least they have less corrupted ruling classes. but anyway things are getting harder for them too.
backtothegrave

Back to top Go down

Post  OptimusGonzo on Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:57 pm

I still maintain the best thing to ever happen to Russia or Asia in general was the fall of the USSR. Not only have we shifted all our economic focus to Asia, but in doing so we've closed our own domestic markets and Even though the USSR fell, China is still as communist as ever and the PLA is constantly growing. Like I've said before I'll say again. Made in America has a terrible negative connotation to it. and it shouldn't
OptimusGonzo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  backtothegrave on Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:35 am

OptimusGonzo wrote:huh strange. I can get a 400 gb hardrive with 5 year warranty from seagate for less than $100 off of newegg.com, and we all know how the dollar's been going down.

to give you an idea... in italy we had italian lira (£) as currency till 2001, when we got euro (€)
italian lira was a really weak currency, so we had 1€=2000£ (more or less)

but when the prices changed from lira to euro, prices were more or less set this way: 1000 £ --> 1€
so you can see how real prices doubled!! and why italians are poorer.
no fault on the euro, simply the government should have defended people against sellers' speculations. but the government (aka berlusconi) did nothing!
backtothegrave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top