USA ARMY ROCK!

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: USA ARMY ROCK!

Post  OptimusGonzo on Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:06 pm

Mikelaren wrote:I see now, but don't you think it would be better if being the Grand army U.S. was back then, that they go in stratigacly not just obilterate everything? Plus you mentioned that it was for scientific reasons, so they used these people like lab rats? this is terrible, sticking to the topic how can they say U.S.A. rocks? Like the war in Iraq, (which i think is going no-where) Bush says that they are fighting terrorism, when the united states army goes in and "terrorises" the people of Iraq. It crazy.

Not at all, especially when the Japanese public was so indoctrinated with propaganda supporting suicide over surrender. The Japanese were also working on their own bomb with their own scientists in Korea, which was yet another reason why if we didn't act fast Russia would be one step closer to having the bomb. not like the bomb matters today anyways, its all scalar tech these days lolol.

At the time, we did not know the extent of fallout. You think of them as guinea pigs, I think of them as saviors of the world, for had their lives not been sacrificed involuntarily, we may not have known the extent of the power of our weapons and might have used them in an uncontrolled or paniced manner such as if combat was going to break out in Korea, we might have dropped more than 2....or 10...or enough to radiate all the Sea of Japan....And then you'd have something to really complain about, but no, its just OMG WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DO IT? when you're not lookin at the circumstances at all.
Just like when Famous Spanish exploreres went down the Amazon at the time seaching for a king who showered himself with gold every day and the dust settled at the bottom of a lake of gold. You'd think the Spanish were insane hearing that, but at the time, They had already conquered two huge empires and shipped entire rooms full of the gold back to Spain.

You have to understand, the support for the war in the first place was not extremely strong, and after we ended up finding no WMDs, those that did support it only to remove a corrupt man and liberate an oppressed people immediately realized we were in over our heads. No one here supports the destrution of Iraq by US hands. but then again, if we left, you're arguement would again shift to the other end of the spectrum, from, How can they be allowed to Terrorize Iraq, to after the collapse of the government, you'd say, How could they abandon all the people of Iraq to fend for themselves and allow for a bloody civil war? We're there not to cause terrorism, and if we were there to terrorize as a priority, we could have all their sheep wearing diapers, and restrict them all from smoking, and arrest anyone who does certain suggestive sexual acts as putting tomates and cucumbers in the same bag, and removing their shipments of food to each province, and putting bombs in the road just to blow up children. Because thats what Al Quaeda does. And you think We're the terrorists? wow, I lol at you.
OptimusGonzo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  backtothegrave on Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:18 am

they had 3 reasons
1) end the war without the need of an invasion of japan: that would have caused thousands of casualties, maybe hundred of thousands of civilians killed, and possibly required soviet troops to support the invasion (of course americans didn't wanted soviets in japan!!)
2) soviet could have occupied all northern china before the war had ended (but china became communist anyway so...)
3) stalin knew that in case of war between soviet union and the usa, the red army would have reached the atlantic ere the americans would have stretched a finger... so truman needed to give stalin a good reason for not doing that.

but i can't see the reasons to drop the bombs on cities. if they dropped them on other places (a strongly defended island, or a symbolical place) they would have had all the same outcomes, sparing at the same time the lives of hundred of thousands of innocent people....
backtothegrave

View user profile http://it.youtube.com/profile?user=backtothegrave

Back to top Go down

Post  OptimusGonzo on Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:50 am

I thought a similar idea, like why not drop it into the water near japan and cause a huge tidal wave? but that might have even been more destructive
OptimusGonzo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  backtothegrave on Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:31 pm

OptimusGonzo wrote:I thought a similar idea, like why not drop it into the water near japan and cause a huge tidal wave? but that might have even been more destructive

or bomb some less populated areas of hokkaido... or choose as a target a small town but with simbolical meanings.
backtothegrave

Back to top Go down

Post  OptimusGonzo on Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:15 pm

backtothegrave wrote:
OptimusGonzo wrote:I thought a similar idea, like why not drop it into the water near japan and cause a huge tidal wave? but that might have even been more destructive

or bomb some less populated areas of hokkaido... or choose as a target a small town but with simbolical meanings.

or just blow up freakin Mt. Fuji. the Japanese would have been like

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE SOURCE OF THE POWER OF ANIME! HOW WILL WE SURVIVE AFTER THE WAR IS OVER?
OptimusGonzo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  backtothegrave on Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:03 am

OptimusGonzo wrote:
or just blow up freakin Mt. Fuji. the Japanese would have been like

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE SOURCE OF THE POWER OF ANIME! HOW WILL WE SURVIVE AFTER THE WAR IS OVER?

Very Happy I had the same idea... Basketball
backtothegrave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top